Alternatives to the camping table
Folding stool with shelf:
The advantage here is clear: when you sit, everything is within reach. Not as big as a table, but ideal for a quick snack in between.
Sure, there's no table. But sometimes just a blanket on the lawn is enough. Simply unroll it and the picnic can begin.
Hammock with pockets:
Some hammocks have small pockets or nets on the edge. Perfect for keeping small items such as books or snacks close at hand.
Sometimes you just don't have much space in your luggage. A small stool can then serve as a seat and table in one.
How are camping tables tested?
The camping table in the test - there's more to it than you think. First of all, the testers look at how stable the thing is. Nobody wants the table to collapse under the weight of the food, right? Then of course it is also important how easy it is to assemble and dismantle. Last but not least, the material plays a role: Is it weatherproof? How heavy is the table? Is the price-performance ratio right?
Camping table tests: How do specialist magazines proceed?
Trade magazines are really meticulous. They don't just check stability and structure. No, they also look at how resistant the table is to scratches or how it behaves under extreme conditions, such as strong sunlight or rain. It is also checked how space-saving it is when you want to store it. And of course, the price will also be below that Lupe taken.
Unfortunately, we cannot confirm whether there is a test of camping tables at Stiftung Warentest.
Well-known manufacturers of camping tables
- so to speak
Camping table bestseller
There are always a few models that stand out from the crowd. Current bestsellers include the Outwell Custer XL or the Lafuma Anytime table.
Where can I buy camping tables?
- mountain time
Why buying a camping table is worth it
- Comfort: Nothing wrong with a picnic blanket, but a table like this has something. You simply sit more comfortably and have everything within reach.
- Stability: A camping table provides a firm base for your food, Drinks or games. It doesn't wobble or tip easily.
- Versatility: Believe me, a table like this is not just for eating. Play cards, read or just relax Coffee - everything is more fun with a table.
What you should definitely know about camping tables
- Material: Aluminum camping tables are light and do not rust, but wooden tables usually look nicer.
- Size and shape: A folding camping table is super practical. And if it’s easy too – bingo!
- Care: A little love and affection (read: cleaning and care) and the table will last forever.