Alternatives to pilot cases
Travel trolleys are a popular alternative to pilot cases. They are typically lighter while still offering enough space for clothing and personal items. Travel trolleys often have wheels and extendable handles for easy maneuvering.
Backpacks are a practical choice, especially for travelers who want to keep their hands free. Modern travel backpacks offer plenty of storage space and have padded laptop compartments and organizational options.
Briefcases on wheels
Rolling briefcases are ideal for business travelers who need to transport important documents and a laptop. They combine the functionality of a briefcase with the mobility of a rolling suitcase.
How are pilot cases tested?
Pilot cases are put through their paces by experts in test laboratories. Various criteria are taken into account, including material quality, workmanship, storage space, handling, wheels, handles and safety features. The resistance to impacts and scratches is also checked in extensive tests.
Where are pilot cases tested and which magazines report on them?
Trade magazines such as “ReiseGepäckTest” and “BusinessTraveler” regularly carry out pilot suitcase tests. These magazines provide detailed reviews and recommendations for various models. The tests are carried out in specialized laboratories and take into account the needs of business travelers.
Well-known manufacturers and brands of pilot cases
Some of the most well-known manufacturers and brands of pilot cases are:
Where can you buy pilot cases?
Pilot cases are available in various retail stores and online stores. The online shops include Amazon, eBay, Zalando and many more. In retail you can find what you're looking for in large department stores and luggage specialist shops. Watch out for pilot suitcase deals and compare prices to find the best deal.
Why it's worth buying a pilot's case
A pilot's case is not just an ordinary piece of luggage, but a reliable companion on your travels. Here are some reasons why it's worth investing in a pilot case:
- Organization: Pilot cases offer numerous compartments and pockets to neatly store your documents and personal items. This makes finding and handling things on the go much easier.
- Durability: High-quality pilot cases are made from robust materials and can withstand the rigors of travel. They protect your contents from damage.
- Professional appearance: A pilot's case conveys a professional appearance, be it on business trips or in everyday life. It shows that you are well organized and value quality.
- Efficiency: Thanks to the well-thought-out layout, you can quickly have important documents and devices such as laptops at hand without having to rummage through the entire suitcase.
What you should definitely know about pilot cases
Before you choose a pilot case, there are a few important aspects to consider:
- Material: Look for high-quality materials such as leather or durable nylon. These ensure the longevity of the case.
- Size: Choose a suitcase that suits your needs. A more compact model is often sufficient for short trips, while long-distance trips require more storage space.
- Mobility: Wheels and an extendable handle are practical for transporting the suitcase comfortably. Check if these features work smoothly.
- Security: Security aspects such as TSA locks can protect your documents and valuables. Make sure your suitcase has adequate security measures.
- Brands and reviews: Find out about reputable manufacturers and read reviews from other buyers to make the right choice.